Place GeoCityLite.dat in HDFS:
- Create a JobClient Object and add the files' URI to the distributedCache.
- Create a configure method that overrides org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapReduceBase and org.apache.hadoop.mapred.jobConfigurable
- create a Location Object and pass the IP to it.
- A significant IPs might come back with a null city/ country. Use try and catch blocks to catch exceptions and process them accordingly.
- Reduce the creation of the LookupService objects. These are resource intensive.
- Similarly, reduce the creation of Location Objects.